Whether you are a first-time home buyer or a seasoned expert, purchasing a condo can be a complex process. With new showing restrictions, and time being so critical, don’t waste your time, and expose yourself unnecessarily. Work with experts not only about condos, but about everything real estate. Put our 20 years of experience to work for you.
We are closely following the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote client and employee safety. Out of an abundance of caution, we are offering the following services to maintain your health and safety throughout the home buying process as our nation deals with the threat of COVID-19.
A picture might be worth a thousand words…
…But a video is worth millions! Video allows you to experience the home in more detail, so you can get a better sense of the look, feel, and layout. If you come across a home you’d like to see in a bit more detail, text or email us to request a video tour.
We are happy to preview homes you are interested in by offering a virtual tour. Ask questions during a live video tour or We can send you a recording!
Email Notes and Seller Disclosures
Often, there are seller disclosures and notes associated with a listing that are not available to consumers. I can email you details about your top listings.
With regard to social distancing, we are follow NYS guidelines and will advise you of your options.
With interest rates at an all-time low, it is a great time to buy. Homeownership provides financial stability and security. And, with today’s technology, much of the process can be done in the comfort of your own home. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
For this very reason, We are here to assist you for each step of the way. Throughout each important stage, we will help you navigate the ever-changing housing market and lead you to your dream home.
Not sure what you’re looking for? OUR detailed understanding of market trends, local neighborhoods, and financial tidbits allows us to give sound, proven advice to match you with your ideal house.
The Buying Process
To begin with, I believe that the more informed you are, the better your experience will be. I have the resources to guide you through the home finding process, providing you with everything from detailed property searches to neighborhood information.
Below, I have included a general step-by-step list to help explain the home buying process. Some of these stages may seem confusing, but, remember, I am here to answer any questions.
1. Determine your needs and budget
Before the search begins, its a good idea to define what type of house, neighborhood, and location best suits your needs and lifestyle. Have fun with this! Have you always wanted a wood fireplace? Is a large yard important to you? I recommend imagining your dream home, while also taking into account your financial considerations.
Once you share these details with me, I can offer feedback and advice to help develop a plan and goal moving forward. You may want to prioritize what specifications you are looking for in a new home to offer some flexibility when scouting for houses.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan
First, meet with a loan officer. Sharing income and financial information will give you a price range for which you are qualified.
- Get Pre-qualified
- Obtain a pre-approval letter
- Obtain a “Truth in Lending” letter explaining the costs of borrowing money
- Learn about the many loans available to buyers in today’s market
- Learn about closing costs
3. House search!
With your specifications in mind, I will use my resources to scout the marketplace on your behalf. When I find houses that meet your criteria, we can review them and schedule a tour at your convenience.
- When possible, all decision-makers should visit the various homes
- Always be candid–it will help me understand your particular needs
4. Prepare the offer
Once we have found the home of your dreams, I will help you determine an appropriate offer price by reviewing market trends and similar home sales. With your input, I will draft a written offer that outlines the price as well as the responsibilities of both parties in preparation for the transaction. If the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a binding contract. It is imperative that you carefully review the contract and clarify any aspects that are not clear to you prior to offering.
- I will go through the contract with you and complete your offer
- If negotiations are necessary, I will work to ensure that you and the seller agree on all terms
- All documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered
5. Make your loan application
- Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan
6. Inspect the property
In order to ensure your safety and the value of your investment, it is important to have the proper personnel thoroughly inspect the house after the offer and loan terms have been finalized.
- Select an inspector and arrange for both a general inspection and comprehensive pest inspection
- Depending on the property and location, I can also provide information about other environmental assessments
7. Appraisal and survey of property
- The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey
- Buyer will be provided a copy of the Title Commitment Letter
- Buyer will make arrangements for homeowner’s (hazard) insurance, and arrange for the insurance agent to talk with the closing officer at the title company
8. Seller’s closing is also arranged
- Buyer receives a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing
- Buyer does a final walk-through inspection of the property
- The REALTOR arranges a closing date and time with the buyer and title company. Seller’s closing is also arranged
- Buyer brings a cashiers check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment
9. After closing
I will prepare the necessary documents required for closing such as title examination, payoff statements and deed. On the closing day you will sign all documents. The seller will be paid and you will receive the keys.
Congratulations, you just bought a new home!